Our Worship Gatherings at 10:00 am at the new Waverly Area Veterans Post are open to everyone. (Elementary aged kids and younger are invited to attend the fun, age-focused, Jesus-centered environment of Kids Creek.) Deep biblical knowledge is not a requirement! Even if you aren't a Christian, but are curious about Jesus, you are more than welcome to come.
While our 65-70 minute Worship Gatherings vary from week to week, most Gatherings:
- start by singing a couple of songs to Jesus,
- center on a 35-40 minute message based on a passage of the Bible that will get us thinking how to practically follow Jesus through the gospel in everyday life (we tend to study books of the Bible verse by verse)
- celebrate the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus through communion,
- include times of prayer,
- might contain a couple of announcements from the stage,
- and conclude with a song after our Giving Bags are passed.
We have a food table that anyone is welcome to grab a treat from or even bring a coffee into the Worship Gathering. Be sure to stop by the Give & Grow table for a free Bible, free info, and more. We look forward to meeting you!
If you have children, plan to come about 10 minutes early to get them checked in. (The Kids Creek Check-in table is to your left after you walk into the Veterans Post.) You will receive a lanyard with your child's check-in number that you'll need to pick-up your children after the Worship Gathering.
Our current Kids Creek rooms are:
ELEMENTARY (grades K-4th, 5th-6th grade welcome)
Our Elementary kids have a blast every Sunday singing songs, participating in highly engaging activities, and most of all learning through the Gospel Story curriculum.
NURSERY/PRESCHOOL (ages birth – 5)
Our Preschoolers also have a fun morning playing in a safe environment while experiencing the love of Jesus from our dedicated volunteers.
It's important to note:
- All of our teachers have had a background check and are involved in Kids Creek because they LOVE kids.
- Your children are always welcome to come to the Worship Gathering with you, but we think they will have a far more rewarding morning by participating in a Kids Creek class!